Yes, you heard that right!
We have a quick guide for all the amazing people out there who are looking to lose weight.
Is it easy? How long will it take? Quick or slow? Keep on reading and you’ll know!
First things first, there is no shortcut to losing weight the ‘healthy way’. You will have to eat healthy, you will have to move regularly and you will have to be consistent.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get straight to the reason you’re here. All the hacks in the world to help you lose weight, the easy way!
1. Drink water before you eat: Right before you sit down to eat your meal, have a glass or two of water. If possible, do this 5-10 minutes before you begin eating. It will make you fuller and you will end up eating less.
2. Eat slow: It takes approximately 20 minutes for your food to digest and to feel full. If you eat quicker, you don’t give your food enough time to digest so you may end up eating calories before feeling full.
3. Eliminate stress: Stress is one of the biggest reasons for weight gain and aging. People tend to eat more when they are feeling stressed. Stress puts so much strain on the body which can lead to hair loss, weight gain, aging quicker and many more. Therefore, it is important to reduce stress in your life or get rid of it completely.
4. Lifestyle changes: Make changes to your diet and try to imbibe these changes into your lifestyle. When you are trying to lose weight, the changes you make should be for a long period of time because short-term solutions will only give short term results. Consume healthy food and follow a balanced diet. For instance, swap dry fruits with seasonal fruits, replace sugar infused coffee with espresso or low-fat latte, switch to dark chocolate instead of milk chocolates or cookies.
5. Reduced portion size: Split your meal into smaller portions and never starve yourself. This is one of the easiest and most effective ways of losing weight. Eat on a small plate and as mentioned above, drink some water before the meal. Load up on vegetables, eat a lot of salad, add some good protein to your meal so that you stay full for long. Eat a low-calorie meal and try to avoid sugar as much as you can.
6. Wardrobe changes: Don’t indulge in oversized clothes. Wearing clothes that don’t fit you well is a cheat code for when you don’t want to face the real issue. Buy your own size so you know exactly when it’s time to make some changes. They will make you feel more confident and will motivate you to work towards bettering your appearance.
7. Move as much as you can: Our bodies are made to toil and work hard and when we sit or lie down for long periods, we are actually going against our nature. Stand for a little while, take a small walk around the house, play with your dog or cat, move up the stairs, stroll in the garden or practice a few posture improving exercises. Move as much as you can. If possible, take some time out for working out at least 30 minutes in a day. Healthy diet along with exercising to lose weight is the right way to go.
8. No snacking: Don’t reach out for a packet of chips every time you are bored. That ice-cream in the fridge can wait. If you want to lose weight, then say goodbye to snacking. At least snacking on calorie rich food. If you do feel hungry in between, slip in a glass or two of water or eat a handful of nuts like almonds or walnuts.
9. Switch to a high fibre and high protein diet: Eat a protein and fibre rich diet. Switch to fish, tofu, chicken, lentils, quinoa and vegetables with high water content. It will aid you in your weight loss journey and give a much-needed boost to your metabolism. You will also feel less hungry and therefore consume less calories.
10. Early dinner: Have an early dinner and a light one too. Eat at least 2 hours before you go to bed and go for a short stroll after your dinner. Not only does this help in regulating weight, it also helps you sleep better and you get less stomach issues when you eat an early dinner.
11 Good sleep is important: Sleep is the most underrated weight loss technique. The more you sleep better, the less hungry you feel. Also, those late night binge eating sessions are the worst so sleep well and sleep peacefully for at least 7-9 hours.